The Top 20 Silly Questions Non-Africans Ask About Africa Overseas. Using South Africa as Case Study.
20. Do you have the internet, phones, roads, cars, shops, schools, money in South Africa?.
19. Do you own a gun?.
18. Do you have lions in your garden?.
17. Do you ride around on elephants?.
16. Why would you want to come here (UK, USA, etc)?.
15. Can you see Kilimanjaro from your house?.
14. Oh you’re from Johannesburg – do you know my friend Peter in Nairobi?.
13. How many wives does your husband have?.
12. How does it feel to wear clothes?.
11. Have you ever had Aids?.
10. Which tribe do you belong to?.
9. So you’re down next to Australia, right?.
8. Do you speak African?.
7. Did you have a slave in South Africa?.
6. But you don’t have a South African accent? (not understanding that there are a lot of different accents)
5. I know that you lived in South Africa but where were you born? You must have been born somewhere else.
4. How did you learn to speak English?
3. Which country in South Africa are you from?
2. Are you black?
1. Why are you white?